Saturday, August 2, 2008

1 year later

I very distinctly remember what I was doing at this time one year ago. I was in my room at home, in SD. I remember just being exhausted after a days work, spread out onto my bed wherever my limbs landed. I had turned on my tv and was flipping through the channels when my mom and dad yelled "Janae! Get down here!" They had CNN on, where the images of mass destruction of a bridge incredibly close to my college were being shown. The 35W Bridge had collapsed during rush hour at 6:05pm.

1 year ago today the 35W Bridge collapsed, tragically ending 13 people's lives.

This post is dedicated to the people who were involved, their families, and the state of Minnesota.

I am planning on taking pictures of the bridge one year later very soon. It is amazing to have seen it during the building process.

No comments: