Thursday, July 31, 2008

Inspiration and Lately

Hello!

Here is a quote that has been inspiring me lately:

"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." - Charles Darwin

Responding to change. This is one of the most important aspects to life and, more concrete, to my approaching study abroad experience. Even though the culture and the new things that I encounter are going to be faced with as open mind as possible, there are going to be changes and twists and turns and obstacles all waiting for me when I get to London. I can only hope I teach someone in London something that makes up for everything I know the people, culture and city will teach me.

A few other things that I love:

Making dinner and baking with my roommates.


Hanna's delicious guacamole, eaten with a blue corn chip, of course. (The top three things on every one of our grocery lists are milk, ice cream and blue corn chips.)
An attempt at cookies made with bulgur. They actually tasted okay, but their texture was more like sandpaper than cookies. Apparently "reconstitute" is a pretty important word. See the seeds?

I am also addicted to this girl and her wonderful art and words.

This song by the Ting Tings.

And this song by Ingrid Michaelson.

And I am really excited for this to come to theatres! I loved the books so much I never could put them down. There were many summer nights spent staying up late reading a Sisterhood book. Now, when not doing homework, watching seasons of Grey's Anatomy or Gilmore Girls and eating ice cream with Hanna fill this time. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you make me happy. :)