Saturday, July 26, 2008

That Home-y Feeling

There is a feeling I get when I finally go home after a long time of being away. It is unlike anything else - I am happy, at peace, not stressed and just living. My heart is so full I can't help but smile and laugh and be happy and just want to play or dance or be outside; just to do something and be present! Sadly, I don't get to go home as often as I would sometimes like, but I found out that the feeling can surprisingly come to me, even when I'm away.

These last few days I have gotten to meet up with two amazing girls. Thursday I spent the night hanging out, making brownies, watching a movie and just talking with this pretty lady and cat.


Meg was such a life-saver when I transferred to my new school. She has this ability to test everything I have ever thought or known and truly make me question things in such a wonderful way - I have learned so much from her.
And we have ridiculous yet amazing conversations every time we get together!
(For Meg: bald, turtle)
I also got to see a familiar face from home!

"Bob" (her softball nickname) and family were at a softball tournament in a nearby suburb, and I caught up with them, watched a game, and got to chat with the girls. It felt like a little piece of home came to visit. It is such a weird thing not being home for the summer. Even though I absolutely love where I am living and who I am living with, I still can't wait to get back home for a little while before heading off for a couple months!

I finally got my camera to turn on again, so I have been loving capturing moments like these. I love how this picture turned out, taken at Bob's (Brit's) game.

No comments: