Friday, October 10, 2008

Family Dinner!

Last Sunday, as an idea from Mary Kate, we all got together and had a family dinner! One of our roommates, Amy, was gone enjoying herself at Oktoberfest, but Mary Kate (our adopted flatmate) filled in her space! We had gone to a French market that morning and gotten a few of the ingredients (like fresh smoked sausage,) and most of the other stuff we all had ourselves, we just needed to combine it all.
On the menu was penne pasta and ravioli, sausage, our own fresh-made sauce made from garlic, onions, tomatoes and a little olive oil, roasted potatoes with fresh onion and garlic, freshly made garlic-cheese bread, and broccoli. MmmMMmmm delicious. (Pictured is me, Heather, Veronica, Andrea and Mary Kate.)
None of us had really eaten very many healthy, home-cooked meals, so it was definitely a welcome change. I love my London family (including Erica, who took the pictures but sadly had already eaten.)

This was also kind of a one-month celebration! We have officially been here for five weeks...who knew that time could go by so fast? It is almost getting to our halfway point, in which we have a week-long break! News on where we are going will all come up in posts shortly. But, for now I will let you in on a secret: I am in Rome, Italy! We left really early this Friday morning and won't get back until late Sunday night. So, we have maximized our entire weekend to have three almost full days in Rome. I can't wait for the gelato, the pizza and pasta, and the sites!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You dinner looks delish and like so much fun!! I miss our dinners together. Laurel made a really delicious meal the other night that was really pretty too and I took a picture of it for you, and then I accidentally deleted it.

"I just need a picture for my blog"

Mary Kate said...

i can't believe you guys actually let me dress without any pants that day.

oh ya my work told me to get a blog- so i did.. help meeee.