Friday, October 3, 2008

BBC

I went for a tour of the BBC for my British Broadcasting class! It was really great - it is the largest television centre in the world. The first part was originally built in the 60's and then a new addition was added in the 90's I believe.

On our tour, we saw a couple of the studios where they film talk shows or TV series. There were tons of lights everywhere on these sets, and we got to see one of them being run through before it was taped. We also saw some of the newsroom, meteorology tricks of the trade and, in the end, put on our own game show. It was definitely a cool experience, and I am so glad I got to tour such a legendary building in journalism.


We couldn't take pictures inside, but here Mary Kate and I are outside of the legendary BBC Television Centre signs.

Today (Friday) I went to a couple of markets and walked across the London Bridge just for fun. Here is a quick snap shots I took as an Asian tour group sang "London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down..."
Tomorrow (Saturday 4 October) a group of us are heading to Windsor Castle, so I am sure there will be lots of pretty pictures from there. And, Amsterdam and Bruges pictures are still coming - I have finally narrowed them down enough to be put in posts!

No comments: