Monday, September 29, 2008

London Fashion Weekend!

Thursday I had a study visit for one of my classes to the National Gallery. I got there beforehand and had lunch in Trafalgar Square. There were still a ton of tourists out, along with the pigeons. And this is what Trafalgar Square looks like on a random Thursday:


Through my school, we got to sign up for a cultural activity. The one a few of my friends and I signed up for was London Fashion Weekend, where we got to go through all sorts of designer's booths and clothes and we could buy whatever we wanted at discounted prices.

There were piles of shoes, mounds of clothes, racks and racks of bags and jeans and jewelry galore. It was seriously the biggest closet that I have ever wanted in my life. Some booths were all colors and patterns and other designers stuck with neutrals or blacks and whites. Still others had feathers on everything or sequins on things. Then the booth around the corner would only have items that were knit. The jewelry was just as vast of a collection as I could ever want. Then they had drinks and a show and makeup and mani/pedis and a place to get your hair done. They literally had anything and everything that relates to fashion.

It was definitely an experience and I had gone to my internship in the morning, then had my class study visit and then had to go straight there (we only got a four-hour slot to go through,) so I was definitely trekking around London dressed up all day.

But, we got to see up and coming designers, the runway, and all sorts of amazing fashion that I would love to be able to afford. I did get one thing - it is something I like to wear in one form or another daily and it is not a scarf. Can you guess what it is?
The runway right before the show!
Andrea and I testing out some rather classy hats. After this we got our eyebrows threaded - definitely a unique experience.

Pictures and updates on my weekend trip are coming up! In other exciting news, today I hit 10+ stories that I have written and have been published for IT PRO. Check them out on the sidebar if you get a chance and/or are interested! A few of them have been featured on the UK Science and Technology Google news site, which is definitely exciting to hear about and see when I go into work the next day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whoa. I wish I could have been with you, it sounds fantastic. Jewelry galore? My dream. I miss you.

Your adventures sound wonderful and exciting.

I just want you to know that we reidentified everyone in "we are the world" (Nolan, Laurel and I got a kick out of it)! :) I thought about you.