Saturday, September 13, 2008

Stonehenge

I fell in love with England yesterday.

We took a tour to Stonehenge and then to the city of Bath. Today I am going to show you Stonehenge and tomorrow you can get some peaks into the lovely city of Bath, just because I can't narrow down my pictures any further! The English countryside is absolutely amazing. I had been told how different outside of London is to London, but it seriously is night and day. London is incredibly urban, and the borough I live in, Islington, doesn't have any parks near it at all. Therefore, I have hardly seen grass (other than in Hyde Park the other day) since I have been here.

But then there was the bus ride in the countryside. England is absolutely wonderful. I definitely fell in love, and was even happy when we got back to busy London, because I knew that it was going to be home for awhile.

Let me introduce you. Everyone, this is Stonehenge. Stonehenge is stones built in a formation. No one truly knows the reason or purpose of these rocks, but they are much larger than you may expect, or at least larger than I expected them to be.


I just love this picture. First, there is fun Heather, hilarious Veronica, and then there are sheep. I told everyone the story of Anne on the bus to Wagner, screaming SHEEEEEEPPP!!!!!!! when everyone else was asleep. Then I demonstrated.

What we were listening to was actually pretty interesting, so we couldn't put it down. There were myths about the stones and legends and more. One of the commentators even sounded like Julie Andrews.

Banni and I just loving life! We couldn't get incredibly close to the monument, but we had fun with how close we got!

No comments: