Friday, September 26, 2008

A few more pictures of Sweden.

Stockholm is such a pretty city - I felt like I couldn't deprive you all by not showing a few more pictures! It took me so long to narrow my pictures down for that first post that I feel like now that I am showing more, these may illustrate the trip a little bit better. Hopefully you feel the same way too. :D



The Irish boys traveled with their own Irish flag and hat. Seriously. Once we got to the Irish pub they hung up the flag and the hat was on everyone's head at one time or another - even the singers! (Amy and I)

Our very first look at Gamla Stan, or Old Town. It is in the distance. The plaza in front is outside of T-Centralen, Central Station.
A really pretty garden area at the entrance to Old Town from the bridge we crossed. There were many ways to get there from many different bridges.
This was on the boat, just waiting for the tour to begin. The architecture there was so pretty.
Seen while on the boat tour were many boats and ships. These just remind me of old-school Vikings.
What a pretty view!
Settlement on the cliff of one of the islands.
Another shot of when we were just relaxing by the water.
I think this is the longest street name known to man.
Erica and I chilling by a statue. We literally turned the corner of what we thought was a circular building and it turns out there is a courtyard in the middle of it!
Represent. Sam, this one's for you. Yay Japan!
All of the 7-11s were advertising "Coffee For Real." I'm not sure what kind of fake coffee the Swedish are used to, but 7-11s not messing around, apparently. Andrea and I (two of the biggest coffee drinkers in our flat) found these so amusing that we finally took a picture before our trip home.

That's it! Hope you enjoyed these extra pictures; I know I love them all. This weekend I am traveling to Bruges, Belgium and Amsterdam in the Netherlands. Many pictures will come from this trip, I am sure!

And one last thing, I have updated "My IT PRO Stories" quite a bit this week. I wrote two stories on Monday and two more on Wednesday, so they are trusting me and my skills more and more. It has definitely been scary as I have had to call the Ministry of Defence, multiple government offices, a few corporations, and a very scandalous business to get statements and quotes and to ask more questions. As good of experience as I know I am getting, I always feel a little anxious when I am on the phone because they KNOW I am not from England, and question me extra hard for my credentials. Which, of course, are that I am a staff journalist for the online magazine IT PRO. No intern here while on the phone, by suggestion of my editors to get the juiciest news. Oh, technology. Not quite as scandalous as gossip and star news, but getting there day by day.

No comments: