Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Camden Town and River Thames Festival!

On Saturday, the girls and I got dressed up and hit Camden Town. Camden Town is a different borough (neighborhood) of London than where we live. It is a very artsy area, and Camden Market is one of the coolest experiences. We got there just as the market was closing, but I am definitely going to go back sometime to walk through it. There seem to be so many little markets on the weekends in all different areas of London. I can't wait to explore those a little bit more.

We ended up eating at a pub called The World's End which flaunts the fact that it is "probably the biggest pub in the world." Obviously we were intrigued andI think it is definitely a contender, even though we just ended up eating. Afterwards we walked down to an area with a canal, which I think is Little Venice. We hung out on the bridge for awhile and took a roommate picture!


My roommates Amy, Heather, me, Andrea and Veronica! We are already wearing each others clothes; it's fate.


Camden Town! There are sculptures coming off of almost all of the buildings.



On Sunday Andrea, Veronica and I went to check out the River Thames Festival in the afternoon. They had a ton of booths set up to buy things (I couldn't hold back from getting a ring and a scarf...two of my favorite things.) They also had performances, a carnival parade and fireworks. It is historically a festival for Londoners to all come together.

Little girls are performing in front of City Hall.
The Tower Bridge!!!

Me and London. And the pickle (the odd-shaped blue and white circular building straight above me.)

No comments: