Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Midterm Madness

So, along with getting back from Rome at 2am on Monday morning, I have had 3 papers and an entire presentation to work on this week. That is all along with putting in 20 hours at the internship site (IT PRO) and going on a study visit (field trip) for my class on Thursday.

And on top of all of THAT, there are 6 of us leaving for a 10 day adventure starting FRIDAY morning! I just wish I had a little bit more time to sleep and prepare.

Rome was absolutely wonderful, and I am going to give you a few pictures to peer at for the day's post. I still don't know if I will have enough time to actually post full-out blogs on each day in Rome like I have done for my other trips. I just know I won't get back to my flat until about 9:30pm tonight (Wednesday) and then about 7pm Thursday night. Busy busy busy.

I will be posting our break itinerary tomorrow, but for today enjoy a few pictures of beautiful Roma!

Our first day, after our first piece of pizza, we visited the Colosseum!
Arc at the entrance of the Colosseum. I'm really impressed with the fact that we got only me in the picture - there were a ton of people around!
Vespas really are EVERYWHERE.Why hello Trevi Fountain. I tossed a coin in, made a wish, and drank some of the water that came out of a fountain on the side! We said it was the fountain of youth and that the water was supposed to cure people. I have no idea if this is right, but I think I either broke or severely sprained one of my toes the day before we went to Rome - I put some Trevi Fountain water on it - and the next day it magically felt a little better. Coincidence or magic water?
The Colosseum at night is so gorgeous.
Vatican City! The Basilica in St. Peter's Square is beautiful, along with the entire area. It was amazing to see.
The Pantheon!Heather and I inside the Pantheon - it is beautiful and intricate. Sunday before we had to head back to London, Heather and I just chilled on the Spanish Steps. It was around 80 degrees in Rome the entire time we were there, and there was sun the entire time - no rain! It was wonderful.

The entire weekend we walked across Rome - only taking the metro to the Vatican City, as it really was the exact opposite side as our hostel was. For anyone who is going Rome soon and needs a hostel, we stayed at Alessandro Downtown and it was wonderful - free pasta on weekday nights (so we got it on Friday) and free breakfast. Granted, the breakfast is cereal and bread with jam, but it was definitely better than nothing.

I also want to give a big shout out to Marie - thank you so much for the e-mail with all of the wonderful advice on other countries! We really did need to step out into the street to cross - just like you said. It was really nice to know beforehand, though, and I am very grateful that you took the time to write out everything for me! Thanks again!

Well, now back to work! If you want to keep up with what I am writing, I update my IT PRO stories every day a new one is published. I hope everyone is well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES!! You made it to ITALY! I'm so glad you had fun in Roma and glad to hear that my little email was helpful. :) I would drop everything in a heartbeat for a chance to go there right now! Can't wait to read more and see more pics! Thanks for blogging - it's so fun to follow along on your adventures.