Thursday, October 16, 2008

My next adventure is...

Fall Break!

Fall break is going to be a wonderful time. There are going to be 6 girls at all times, but 7 total. The people who will always be traveling with me are: Andrea, Erica, Mary Kate, and Veronica. (Me to make 5.) Then, our friend Banni is going with us to our first stop and heading back to London, and my flat-mate Heather is going to meet up with us right before we head off to the second stop for the rest of the journey.

And here is the 10-day journey:

Friday, October 17: Leave at 4am for airport (we have to take 2 buses and a Heathrow Express to get there!) Arrive in Dublin, Ireland.

Saturday, October 18: Dublin (probably a day tour of Wicklow, where we would also stop at Lough Tay, Glendalough and a few other areas, all while being in Wicklow National Park.)

Sunday, October 19: Dublin (Guinness Tour, perhaps?)

Monday, October 20: Bus to Galway, Ireland.

Tuesday, October 21: Touring around Galway (possible daytrip to Cliffs of Moher)

Wednesday, October 22: Bus back to Dublin, flight to Bordeaux, France

Thursday, October 23: Touring around Bordeaux

Friday, October 24: Eurostar from Bordeaux to Paris

Saturday, October 25: Touring around Paris

Sunday, October 26: Flight from Paris back to London

...and we are going to do all of this while only having 1 carry-on each, under 40 pounds to fit on the plane's we are taking.

Whew. It is going to be an incredibly busy, fun-filled adventure, I think! We are all hoping for a little bit warmer weather than is being forecasted, safe travels, and lots of fun. One downside of all of this is...there will be no blogging during this time. Sorry, just too much to do and too little time to find an internet cafe and record it all online. I am planning on writing a daily journal for this trip, though, so when I get back I will be able to recount everything that went on!

I hope everyone has a great few weeks, and can't wait to share everything when I get back to London!

(One final exciting announcement: today I hit more than 20 stories of mine that have been published! One was even commissioned by another, sister magazine within Dennis Publishing. And by commissioned, I mean put up. Because I am an intern and do not get paid. Either way, it was cool!)

and a final p.s. sorry to all of you who either have had or have birthdays within the last few/next few weeks! I seriously have a stack of cards I have written, but to send cards here you can't just buy a book of stamps like you can in America. You have to get the card weighed, and then they will put stamps on it. Very odd, very different, and very difficult to do as I only know where one post office is (I know there are a ton more I just haven't figured out where yet) and the one that I know of is about 45 minutes away from my flat. Ahhh. So, please be patient! I have been thinking of you, I just haven't been able to send my thoughts! To all of you with birthdays: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have had or have an absolutely wonderful day!

No comments: