Sunday, November 9, 2008

Halloween Weekend

We started out last weekend with a Halloween party with some other CAPA students!

Mary Kate as a Masquerade-ian, Andrea as Pocahontas, Veronica as a stoplight and me as a cat!

Sunday, we all wanted to explore more of London, as it was one of the few weekends we were staying in the city. So, we got up and went to a wonderful place named "The Breakfast Club" for breakfast. We had to wait in a line outside for quite a while before we got in, but it was definitely worth it. And with a reference to one of my favorite movies, how could I go wrong?The inside of the restaurant was decorated in all sorts of old photos and memorabilia. They also had posters from the restaurant's conception that included quotes from old movies, and one of them was from my absolute favorite movie, Dirty Dancing. ("Look, spaghetti arms. This is my dance space. This is your dance space. I don't go into yours, you don't go into mine.")

Afterwards we headed to the oh so famous Abbey Road! For those of you who really don't know, this is the famous road that the Beatles walked over for their 11th CD cover.
The Beatles crossing Abbey Road

Where we got left off at by the bus was right outside of this area. Everyone signed their names or Beatles' song lyrics, etc all over this entire building.

So you know I did too. I signed my name with a little shout out to SD!
If your name is Paul, you should probably give Lucy a call.
Abbey Road is actually really busy..even on Sundays. Vehicles had to stop for people to walk across (that is what the yellow lights and the large white lines on the road indicate.) But, they really didn't care if you wanted a picture...they wanted to get where they were going. So, Amy and I took a nice little photo on the road during a big surge of traffic.And there I go! Strutting across good 'ol Abbey Road just like the Beatles. In case you are feeling nostalgic, here is one of the songs from the Abbey Road cd:


"Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles.

No comments: