Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Phantom of the Opera

Hello! Sorry for my absence these last few days. I have actually been sick - probably primarily caused by the freezing cold temperatures we experienced this last weekend. It was just like being at home. But, I am back now and am ready to share this last weekend with you!

First, on Thursday Amy, Heather and I went to the musical Phantom of the Opera! It was held at Her Majesty's Theatre, which is beautiful and is set up differently than the other theatres I have been in because the stage is so deep.

The actors voices were amazing, but the best part of the musical was how they used the set. The scenes were so elaborate and changed so frequently, but it was all so put together. I was impressed.

Before it started! Underneath the large cloth in the middle of the stage is the chandelier. The chairs were very steep, all going upwards. We didn't even get there very early, but about 10 minutes before the show started, everyone finally filed into their seats.And here we are! Amy, Heather and I ready to enjoy the production. I think you really know a show is good when you don't even realize how much time has passed and all of a sudden it is intermission. This definitely happened.

*A little fun fact we learned on our tour in the first few days we were in London: when Queen Elizabeth steps down from the crown and William takes over, this theatre will be changed to "His Majesty's Theatre."

No comments: